Friday, March 1, 2013

The Great Kiwi Beer Fest!


On Saturday (Feb 23) I went to the "Great Kiwi Beer Fest" in Christchurch.  Good time.  A bit different than the one in Manitou, but maybe not so much different from the one in Denver.  Costumes (not so much Manitou, but I've heard there are plenty in Denver).  
Small people.  There were quite a few.  Maybe I can bring Jack and Charlie to the next one!  Might have to bring them to NZ to get them in. Also, plenty of room to just sit down anywhere that seemed good at the time.  Gave me a good chance to write some postcards. 

 And I learned that there IS good beer in New Zealand, but you definitely need to know what to look for.  Twisted Hop, Renaissance and Parrot Dog had some particularly good ones, along with Emersons and Three Boys.  Twisted Hop and Three Boys are in Christchurch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment